Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shirt Recycling


Right now I am loving the layered, long sleeve boys t-shirts I purchased last fall. Ya know, the shirts that look like a short sleeve t-shirt pulled over another long sleeve shrit.

My boys become attached to their clothing. Wyatt has been asking me for two weeks if he could wear his favorite cement mixer shirt. I have been denying this request because it has long sleeves and it's been 100+ degrees. The shirt choice seemed a tad inappropriate. This morning it dawned on me to cut the long sleeve attachment off, creating a perfectly acceptable t-shirt without having to sew. Now Luke and Wyatt have been bringing me all their long sleeve shirts! Duh, I should have done this sooner.

I guess when fall rolls around, I will be choosing shirts that can be converted later on!

2 comments:

Two + Two on July 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM said...

That's a great idea! I love those shirts too.

mrs.boring stay at homer on July 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM said...

With the first sentence of this post, I honestly thought you'd gone just a tad crazy! Layered, long sleeve shirts in the middle of July?
Good thing I kept reading, huh? ( :
That's a great idea though. I have so many clothes for this coming fall/winter but they probably won't fit the little boys so that's a good way to use the clothes!

Post a Comment

 

Next To Nothin' Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template