Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Heart


Out of the blue, Wyatt says, ‘Mommy I make your heart happy’. Oh yes, Wyatt you make my heart very very happy. Then he says ‘Mommy, I give you double hugs and double kisses’. He wraps his chubby little arms around my neck and gives me two squeezes followed by two fishy kisses. I gaze lovingly at his megawatt smile, shiny blonde hair as he bounces off, laughing that contagious little laugh. Ten minutes later…..

Wyatt saunters over and asks me some sort of absurd question, ‘Mommy can I jump off the roof’? ‘Uh, no way Wyatt’. Gnashing my teeth together I wait all of a nanosecond and then…. BAWAAAAAAAA!!! Seriously how does a person try to describe the wail of a pissed off three year old? Of course I am the meanest Mommy E-V-E-R and ruin ALL the fun!

I hate tantrums. Really, they are by far the worst part of parenting thus far. Give me disgusting bodily fluids down my new top over a tantrum any day.

1 comments:

mrs.boring stay at homer on July 20, 2009 at 8:45 AM said...

Laura,
So happy to see your post today! And thanks so much for the comment on my blog, I would love for you to follow!
How funny you were just in Bend! We live in Springfield so not such a drive for us.

Jeven once (or maybe more like a million times) threw a huge fit because his dad wouldn't let him drive. Not just sit behind the wheel and make "vroom vroom" noises but DRIVE. It was funny and annoying at the same time!
But I agree, tantrums just suck!

Post a Comment

 

Next To Nothin' Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template