Sunday, August 16, 2009

Kindergarten


I can't believe our eldest child started kindergarten this week. Disbelief at how quickly the years have flown by mixed with disgust over the school districts ridiculously early start to the school year. What ever happened to starting after Labor Day? What's the rush? I feel robbed of three weeks of summer vacation. On another very self centered note, I am annoyed that we are now tied to a schedule. Every day we have to be up and out by a certain time. No more lazy mornings or optional school days. This is kindergarten!! The big leagues man! With homework and P.E. and everything! ACK. I am so not ready for all this!

Luke seems happy at Kindergarten but has not been sleeping well at night. I never new a five year old could develop insomnia. I am guessing it's related to his new routine. This morning he told his Sunday School teacher that during the night God told him to get out of bed and go read his bible. So he did. Hmmm.. Not sure what to make of that.

1 comments:

Two + Two on August 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM said...

Can you believe, Kindergarten! Already! Nathan starts on 9/8. He's SO excited. Part of me is thrilled for him and the other part is just so sad that he's running off to school. I can't believe they're already this "old" LOL! ~Jessica

Post a Comment

 

Next To Nothin' Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template